SSEK is one of the largest independent law firms in Indonesia and one of the most highly regarded law firms in the country.
In terms of quality, we only know one way to do our job - correctly, professionally and to international standards. We concentrate on being thorough, applying the highest standards of integrity, never taking shortcuts or taking chances on the unknown.
The amalgamation of skills and holistic focus means that many clients consider SSEK's role to be not just that of a legal representative, but also that of a trusted partner - the first point of reference and a reliable source of guidance.
Awards & Accolades
Asian Legal Business Employer of Choice 2019
M&A Deal of the Year (Premium)
Grab’s Acquisition of Uber’s SE Asian Business
M&A Deal of the Year: Southeast Asia
Grab’s acquisition of Uber’s Southeast Asia business
- Outstanding: Energy; Infrastructure; Technology and Telecommunications; Construction; Corporate and M&A; Labor and Employment; Restructuring and Insolvency
- Highly Recommended: Aviation and Shipping; Banking and Financial Services; Insurance (highest tier awarded); Real Estate (highest tier awarded); Banking and Finance (practice area); Capital Markets; Competition/Antitrust; Dispute Resolution
- Recommended: Consumer Goods and Services (highest tier awarded); Industrials and Manufacturing (highest tier awarded); Private Equity; Tax (highest tier awarded)
- Corporate and M&A
- IT & Telecoms
- Labor & Employment
- Real Estate
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Antitrust & Competition (Tier 2)
- Banking & Finance (Tier 2)
- Capital Markets (Tier 3)
- Dispute Resolution (Tier 2)
- Projects & Energy (Tier 2)
- Tax (Tier 2)
Indonesia Law Blog
SSEK's Dewi Savitri Reni, Maria Yudhitama Eka Dewi and Shafira Nindya Putri recently led a full-day workshop on the legal aspects of M&A transactions for employees of Indonesia’s Deposit Insurance Agency (Lembaga Penjamin Simpanan or LPS).
Please find the latest global newsletter from the Employment Law Alliance (ELA), which includes Indonesia updates from SSEK on expatriate work permits and immigration matters. The ELA client newsletter is a monthly publication by which ELA member firms provide the latest employment law developments to global clients.
SSEK's Winnie Y. Rolindrawan and Harry Kuswara have written the cover story for the new issue of Strategic Review. The story, “Revving up the e-commerce engine,” looks at possible regulatory changes and improvements to help maximize the role of online commerce in Indonesia’s economic development.
SSEK has assisted its client in successfully negotiating the document compliance process as part of its application for an e-money license from Bank Indonesia. SSEK partner Fahrul S. Yusuf led the team in this matter, with senior associate Bezaliel Basuki Erlan.
SSEK has acted for British multinational Rentokil Initial, through its Indonesian subsidiary, Rentokil Initial Indonesia, in the acquisition of two Indonesian companies. Partner Rusmaini Lenggogeni led the SSEK teams for both transactions, with senior associate Dicky Tanjung.