Miftahul Khairi received his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Indonesia in 2014 and earned his Master of Laws (LL.M.) with honors (Harlan Fiske Stone scholar) from Columbia University, New York, in 2020.
Since joining SSEK, Ari has been involved in projects in the mergers and acquisitions, extractive industries, and banking and finance spaces. Ari has also worked as an associate at the Singapore office of an international law firm. His work in Singapore focused mainly on cross-border debt restructuring and corporate finance.
Ari’s experience includes:
- advising China Construction Bank Corporation in the acquisition of a 60% interest in publicly listed PT Bank Windu Kentjana International Tbk
- acting for China Shenhua as sole Indonesian counsel in the development of three IPP projects, including Jawa 7 and Sumsel 1, and the power and coal mine joint venturing arrangements for Sumsel 1
- acting for China Shenhua and the project company in the US$1.1. billion financing of the 2 x 1,050 MW Jawa-7 coal-fired power plant
- acting for China Hongqiao Group and PT Well Harvest Winning Alumina Refinery in the financing of an alumina smelter and its integrated facilities in West Kalimantan
- acting for Macquarie Group in the acquisition of a portfolio of non-performing loans from PT Bank Permata Tbk
- acting for a foreign investment holding company in the proposed acquisition of interest in the Indonesian group companies that own major water concessions in Indonesia
Ari is admitted to the Indonesian bar.