The Indonesia Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) and SSEK Legal Consultants invite you to a complimentary webinar, FDI and Indonesia’s New Investment List – Opportunity Knocks for Business.
Date: Thursday, August 19
Time: 10 – 11:30 am Jakarta Time
For more information and to register, go here.
Indonesia took a significant step forward in removing restrictions on foreign investment with the issuance earlier this year of its New Investment List, under Presidential Regulation No. 10 of 2021, as amended by Presidential Regulation No. 49 of 2021, an implementing regulation for the Omnibus Law.
The New Investment List is an important tool in the government’s push to open the economy to foreign direct investment. It replaces the more restrictive Negative Investment List under Presidential Regulation No. 44 of 2016.
With this move toward liberalization, businesses need to understand the changes and opportunities introduced by the New Investment List and how they can benefit from this opening to FDI.
- 2016 Negative Investment List vs. New Investment List
- Priority lines of business – capitalizing on available fiscal and non-fiscal facilities
- Key business lines still subject to foreign ownership limitations or special permits
- Investors take note – investment restrictions at the ministerial level
- Implementing the New Investment List – risk-based licensing, the Online Single Submission system, capital requirements
- FDI trends and developments under the New Investment List