The Employment Law Alliance is offering a free 90-minute webinar on Thursday, January 28 focusing on "Year in Review: Key U.S. Labor and Employment Developments in 2015 and What to Expect in 2016."
There were significant labor and employment developments in the U.S. during 2015 and we expect to see at least as much action in 2016. This webinar will provide a national perspective on the following topics:
- Equal Employment Opportunity developments: increased protections for women â particularly pregnant employees and new mothers â along with higher expectations for accommodating religious practices and disabilities.
- The newest wage and hour claims being pursued and practical tips for avoiding the most common mistakes when calculating hours worked and wages owed.
- Tactics being utilized by businesses to misappropriate trade secrets and steal away key personnel from competitors â practical strategies you can employ to minimize these problems.
- How the NLRB is flexing its muscles to aid with unionization and what you can do right now to help maintain your non-union status.
- Continued legal and media attacks on the use of independent contractors and the outsourcing of management functions â how you can avoid being the next poster child of worker exploitation.
Who Should Attend?
The webinar is an invitation-only event exclusively for clients of ELA member law firms. The information presented will be of particular interest to:
- In-house Counsel
- Human Resources Professionals
- Corporate Executives and Business Owners
About the ELA
The Employment Law Alliance is the most comprehensive network of labor and employment attorneys in the world. ELA members provide employment, labor and immigration expertise in more than 135 countries around the globe and all 50 U.S. states. They work closely together to ensure that their clients' legal matters are handled seamlessly wherever they do business. ELA provides a smarter, more efficient and effective alternative to using a single multi-national law firm.
SSEK Legal Consultants is the ELA's member firm for Indonesia. For more information, click here.